Tuesday, August 18, 2009

There's No Reason to Test the Sand When You're Standing On the Rock

D.L. Moody had an interesting response to the question of whether a Christian should be "open-minded," a claim we constantly hear today:

"A great many people say, you must hear both sides; but if a man should write me a most slanderous letter about my wife, I don’t think I would have to read it; I would tear it up and throw it to the winds. Have I to take up a book that is a slander on my Lord and Master, who has redeemed me with His blood? Ten thousands times no! I will not touch it."

Christian journalist Nick Harrison also has a good answer:

"It’s one of Satan’s lies that we must be 'open-minded' about our spiritual beliefs. But no, a Christian whose faith is founded on solid rock has no reason to test out the sand around him . . .


HT: Apprising Ministries

No comments: