Thursday, September 4, 2008
Just because John McCain (who happens to be running for President) tells Rick Warren that life begins at conception, gullible evanjelly-fish leaders are falling all over themselves telling everyone McCain is "pro-life."
As Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin documents, here are the facts:
1. John McCain openly advocates embryonic stem cell research.
2. John McCain voted to confirm Stephen Breyer, the openly pro-abortion Supreme Court justice.
3. John McCain voted to confirm Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the former general counsel of the ACLU. It's a bit hard for him to say he didn't know how she would vote on abortion cases.
4. John McCain gave us McCain-Feingold, which prohibits pro-life groups from broadcasting any ad the mentions a candidate by name 60 days before a general election.
5. In a debate with George W. Bush in 2000, John McCain attacked Bush for supporting the pro-life plank in the Republican platform.
6. John McCain has repeatedly voted to fund abortion providers such as Planned Parenthood with federal tax dollars. In fact, along with President Bush, McCain has increase levels of federal funding for abortion providers above what they were under Bill Clinton.
7. And who can forget that John McCain was one of the main forces behind the "Gang of 14" that blocked President Bush from appointing pro-life judges to lower federal courts?
8. Last but not least, John McCain has been a tireless supporter of the United Nations, which has been responsible for more abortions than any other single entity in the world.
Chuck Baldwin has it exactly right:
"Tell me again, Mr. Christian leader, how 'pro-life' John McCain is. What a joke!"