Monday, September 24, 2007

More Questions for Dr. Armstrong

Dr. Armstrong,

Your friend Doug Pagitt, one of the leaders of the emerging church, recently said the following about John MacArthur:

"I'm not sure you'd be interested in this, but I have just finished a book somewhat on this topic. I think it might give you a more full understanding of the gospel than the one perverted by the likes of John MacArthur. I do not say "perverted" lightly, either. I really think what he communicates is so distant from the message of the Bible that it is dangerously harmful to people. If you heard the interview and his comments about a God who is "above us," I certainly hope you would see this."

I have two questions for you:

1. Do you agree with Doug Pagitt? and

2. Since Doug Pagitt admits his gospel is different from the one preached by John MacArthur, then according to Galatians 1:8-9 one of these two gospels is "a different gospel" and the one who preaches it is accursed.

In your opinion, which gospel deserves to be accursed?

No comments: